This cauli-fried rice is warm, flavorful comfort food... at it's healthy best.
It works for the times when you miss greasy Vietnamese takeout or those magical Chinese buffets, where, even though you ate too much, you were still somehow hungry again an hour or two after.
So here's to a yummy "fried rice" that's pretty darn close to the real thing, except that instead of being laced with MSG, refined fats/sugars, or nasty food chemicals it's packed with healthy nutrients — vitamins C, K, B5, B6, B7, B9, choline, fiber, omega-3 fats, manganese, and phosphorus, to name a few just in the cauliflower. ;)
Best Ever Cauli-Fried Rice
PALEO, VEGAN, VEGETARIAN, WHOLE30, LOW CARB, KETO
10 mins prep time
10 min stove time
Makes 5 cups
- CAULIFLOWER, 1 head - use the base stem and leaves, too!
- COOKING FAT/OIL, 1-2 tbsp - bacon fat, coconut oil, avocado oil or butter
- CILANTRO, fresh, 1 bunch - with stems!
- BELL PEPPERS, 2 - optional
- CURRY, 1 tbsp - optional
- SEA SALT, 1+ tsp, to taste
EQUIPMENT + SETUP
- CUTTING BOARD
- SLICING KNIFE
- FOOD PROCESSOR / BLENDER
- LARGE FRY PAN - cast iron is our fav!
- SPATULA/STIRRING UTENSIL - for fry pan
- Chop CAULIFLOWER into large chunks and place them in food processor/blender. Pulse a few times, into small, loose chunks.
- Chop CILANTRO and BELL PEPPERS into large pieces, and add to food processor/blender.
- Pulse mixture until it's "riced."
- Melt COOKING FAT/OIL in fry pan. Add "rice" mixture.
- Saute on medium heat stirring with spatula occasionally to prevent burning.
- Sprinkle in CURRY POWDER, if using.
- Cook "rice" just until soft + firm (like rice!).