Here's the perfect, versatile gourmet burger recipe for when your friends or family are (still) over and you decide to eat together but have nothing out or planned. Not that that would happen to you or anyone you know...
These burgers won't break the bank like going out to eat, nor make everyone wait to eat until after sunset.
They pair nicely on the grill with a side of chopped/skewered bell peppers, mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, zucchini, etc. We like to eat them in a lettuce wrap topped with tomatoes, onions, mustard, andddd a dollop of my Naturally Ever After, 5 Minute Healthy Mayo. Or a side of Easy Spring ColeSlaw.
Man I love BBQ season. Who wants to come over? ;)
Simple Gourmet Burgers
PALEO, WHOLE30, LOW CARB, KETO, CLEAN
10 mins prep time
plus grill or pan fry time
Makes 8 burgers (1/4 lb each)
- 2 LBS GROUND BEEF, thawed - ideally grass-fed, pastured and/or organic
- 2 EGGS - (just 1 egg works fine, too - they just help bind in the juice/flavor) ideally pastured, cage-free and/or organic
- SEA SALT + PEPPER, a dash
Flavor options - use 1 or more of the following options:
- FRESH HERBS (CILANTRO or BASIL or PARSLEY), 1 handful
- CURRY, 1 tbsp - optional
- GARLIC, minced, 1-2 tbsp
EQUIPMENT + SETUP
- LARGE MIXING BOWL
- GRILL or LARGE FRY PAN
- KITCHEN SHEARS or SMALL KNIFE (if using fresh herbs)
- Place GROUND BEEF in large mixing bowl.
- Crack in egg(s).
- If using HERBS, cut into small bits with kitchen shears or small knife.
- Sprinkle in CURRY POWDER and/or MINCED GARLIC, if using.
- Mix well and form into patties (we do 4 patties per pound, so 8 patties when using 2 lbs of ground beef).
- Grill or fry until done to your preference.